This workshop on data visualization might be of interest to a lot of you. I wish I could just hop over the pond.
- Date: 24-Sept-2014 – 26-Sept-2014
- Location: Tuebingen, Germany
- Contact Person: Fabian Tomaschek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Web Site: http://avml-meeting.com
- Call Deadlines: 21 March / 18 April
The AVML-meeting offers a meeting place for all linguists from all fields who are interested in elaborating and improving their data visualization skills and methods. The meeting consists of a one-day hands-on workshop during which the latest visualization methods will be taught and a two-day conference during which results using some of these recent innovations in methods will be presented.
Presentation from AVML 2012 are available at: http://avml-meeting.com/talks-at-avml-2012/.
Language of the conference: English
Call for Papers
The Conference Committee calls for presentations and workshops on such topics as:
- general principles of visual design
- producing effective graphics (using e.g. R, Python, Matlab etc.)
- combination of linguistic/non-linguistic data
- representation of multidimensional data
Due: 21 March (Workshops) / 18 April (Presentations) 2014
Submissions should include:
- Title of the paper/subject of the workshop/presentation and abstract max. 500 words.
- Name and affiliation of the author(s) -Information: presentation or workshop
- Each presentation may last 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions and comments
- Each workshop may last no longer than 120 minutes (including questions and comments)